Friday, January 16, 2009

Baby It's Cold Outside!!!!

It is freezing here in Kentucky....I mean so COLD that I would never know I had fingers and toes when I come inside! And what did I do on a cold day like today? Well stayed outside of course...I know, crazy right? But if my little farm animals have to be out, then I want to be out also. Here's a picture of the thermometer on our barn, looks like it's about 10 degrees, it got down to 4 last night.

My little chickens seemed to love the cold. They got out and stretched their wings in the sun and enjoyed the little bit of warmth.

And now a short story about Chigger (the Golden Retriever) and Sophie (the black lab). They are my father in-law's dogs and spoiled rotten. He bought this old rattle trap truck to drive around the farm of the days so Chig and Sophie can have a ride (he didn't want all the dog hairs in his good trucks). So that's what they do, they stay in the truck while he takes care of all the animals. They have the heat on and ALWAYS listen to the oldies on the radio. And if you try to ride in the truck with them they get so offended. So since it was soooo cold today we hitched a ride in the truck and look at their faces! Don't you just love the red dice? I'm confident that someday the old truck will blow-up!

Now my card for today. Kinda surprised what way this card went. It all started with the scalloped circles and the little bird I cut out with my Cricut Storybook cartridge and that's what I built the card around.

I embossed the background with vines and inked them green, used K & Co. and Melissa Frances paper, Autumn Leaves stamps, Fiskars scallop punch, and buttons. This little card reminds me of nature and that's why I like it.

Hope you enjoy my little card for tonight.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Amber, It's beautiful. I just love how everything just fit in there perfectly. I must confess your entry today was much funnier than mine. I laughed out loud at the pic of Chig and Sophie. You could tell how thrilled they were to be crowded in their Dodge. lol..You've got quite a flock of little chickens. They have a good life.

Tammie said...

Love the card, Ber! So pretty and nature oriented...just like you. Laughed out loud at Chig and Sophie...the Dog Whisperer would have a field day psychoanalyzing their territorial attitude with the truck. Your little flock of chickens has grown quite a bit. Reminds me of my childhood.

Unknown said...

Wow that card is just knock your socks off pretty!

Katie said...

This card is so sweet....love all of the textures and colors!

Sam said...

ha ha - that dog photo is greaat - they look so insulted!!!!

Chris said...

Your card is wonderful Amber! I love how you embossed the bird and the colours are lovely. I loved the dog story, made me chuckle, sounds as if they're as spoiled as my dog! Hope the weather's warming up for you now, we've had a few really cold days recently -4 and 5 some nights BRR! You're brave staying out in it all day. Hope you're having a great weekend. Chris :)

Annette said...

Your card is gorgeous! I love the colors and especially that cute little bird! I love the photo of the dogs in the truck, they look warm and cuddly.It was in the teen's here yesterday morning and warmed up to about 30, today will be around 40 and I don't think we will get any snow. But hey, I can still hope for a snowflake or two in the next couple days! Hope you had a great week off!

Tammie said...

Hey, just visited your intro on the CB DT....good pic and great description.

Maria Matter said...

Fabulous picture of your dogs! and chickens!!
Love your card, all the details are great! Perfect button placement...I can never figure out where to put the buttons. LOL
Beautiful card Amber!
Blessings, Maria

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio