Thursday, January 15, 2009

2 Sketches 4 You Challenge

Hi everyone! I'm not to early, not to late with this weeks 2 Sketches card. When I first look at this sketch I thought "uh oh", my mind went blank. But when I set down to start working it came together so quick. Here's the sketch by Laura:

And here's my creation:

I used some Creative Imaginations paper that I loved and had been saving for the right moment, used my Cricut "Storybook" cartridge to cut out the butterfly square with scallops and then handstitched around it. Stamped "Love" with Autumn Leaves stamps, and added some ribbon and tadaaa, a card was born.

Has anyone been over to the Cuttlebug Challenge blog lately? The cards created for this weeks challenge have all been beautiful. Can't believe some of the things you can make with the Cuttlebug!
The snow is flying outside and the temperature is dropping, suppose to be ZERO tomorrow nite, it's been a LONG time since it's been that cold here. My farm animals seem to love it, the colder the better. And an update on my chicken, she still isn't walking good, but she is more herself and even tried to peck Ms. Kitty the other day - so she's getting back to her old ways. I've been giving her foot massages with special foot balm....goodness it's not an easy thing to doctor on a chicken!
Enjoy!

18 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Your mind went blank and yet you have created the MOST gorgeous card with that sketch, Amber! It is beautiful! Love that paper, love the pink, and your hand-stitching on that scalloped square is awesome!
We are having quite the cold snap for us in NC, too. Dropped down into the teens last night and will again tonight. That's the coldest it's been here in years, they are saying.
Tammie says I've almost got you guys ready to get some of my kits!! I am super excited about that. Sent her a message with the details, but let me know if you have any questions!

Laura Davis said...

Oh I hope your chicken is felling 100% soon! I LOVE that patterned paper too! Your card is just beautiful! Thanks for playing!
Laura

Unknown said...

I ♥love♥ this card Amber, that paper IS gorgeous... and I just love all of the pink going on here, especially that lucious ribbon! Fabulous take on Laura's sketch! Oh, and glad to hear your hicken is getting better :)

Lea L. said...

This is so soft and pretty, and I just love that Storybook cut you used! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Amber. If this is what you do with a "blank" mind then just leave it where it is!!! (I say this with love!!!) This is really one of the prettiest cards you have ever made.

Tammie said...

Your cards have evolved! This is totally professional! Love,love,love the pretty pink paper and all of the detail...beautiful!

Nicole Maki said...

Holy cow! Awesome card!

I have the storybook cartridge and I didn't even know it could do that.

Now I'm going to have to haul it out and see.

Beautiful work. So pretty.

Unknown said...

Oh, Gorgeous! Love the papers and your hand stitching! Beautiful butterfly too!
Glad to hear your chicky is on the mend!

(-: Heidi

Christy said...

I have spent a while now just reading through your blog...fab cards =)

Jessica said...

Wow - beautiful card! I love the paper, you sure did it justice!

Sue said...

That is beautiful!! I struggled with this sketch havent made anything yet. What a great job youve done on it!! thanks for lovely comment on my blog

xxx Sue

Audrey Pettit said...

Hey again, Amber! I got your message about the kits, and yes, we are still running a sale on past kits. They are 25% off. If you just tell me which kits you would like, I can send you an invoice. Send me an email with your address, and which kits, and that's all you have to do!
audreypettit@earthlink.net
Thanks, girl!

~amy~ said...

Gorgeous!!! I heart your colors and paper is magnificent!

Mrs J said...

Hi Amber, your card is absolutely stunning! I just love that paper, such a striking design and beautiful colour. Well done! Thought I'd best pop over and say hi too, now that I am also on the Cuttlebug challenge DT. Soooo excited about that, especially being in the company of such talented ladies like yourself! Looking forward to lots of exciting challenges ahead!
Mrs Jx

Annette said...

This is one of my favorite cards that you have made, it is gorgeous and I love the stitching!!! Glad to hear your chicken is feeling better, it's all the TLC she is getting!

Simply Shaz said...

Beautiful card :)
Shaz x

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card, wonderful colours.

Katie said...

I adore this card Amber....your stitching is the perfect touch :)

Hugs,
Katie

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio