Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired Challenge #14

Hi everyone! I finally get to SHARE my first Cuttlebug DT card with you and I'm so excited! The challenge at the Cuttlebug Challenge blog is to design a card using your favorite embossing folder...of course I'm obsessed with swiss dots, so here's my card:

I used the swiss dots folder on the base of some Colorbok cardstock. I then cut a strip of My Mind's Eye paper, scalloped it with my Fiskars scallop, and filled the tiny scallop holes with Stickles to give it some shine. I then cut another strip of pink paper and embossed it also. I took Martha Stewart ink and swept it over all of my raised embossed dots. I added some K & Co. butterflies and used my Cricut Storybook cartridge to make the letters for "Thanks".

This challenge was so much fun because I just got to be creative and make anything I wanted. Be sure to go to the blog
and check out all of the Design Teams cards, they did a terrific job.

5 comments:

Annette said...

This is beautiful, I love the butterfly and the embossing - so yummy! I'm so excited for you being on the Cuttlebug Challenge Design team, sounds like they have tons of fun things happening for the future!

Tammie said...

WOW....beautiful card. I love the swiss dots and the way you highlighted some with the ink! The butterfly is awesome. How exciting for you to be on the DT.

Unknown said...

Oh wow, this is so beautiful Amber! The colors are so vibrant and I love how you highlighted the embossing! (Swiss dots are my fave too)

(-: Heidi

AB. said...

This is such a gorgeous & fun card. Beautiful design & colours!
Peace & Love
Alison xx

Christy said...

Goooooorgeous!!!!

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio