Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired # 16

Hello everyone, it's Wednesday and you know what that means. Us Cuttlebuggers (not sure that's a word!) have been hard at work preparing you some amazing cards. Please go to the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog to see all of their beautiful cards.
This week's challenge is to distress a card...sand it, tear it, paint it....just distress it! And don't forget, you also have to use your Cuttlebug! I loved this challenge and had a lot of fun making my card. Here it is:

I started with a beautiful piece of turquoise Colorbok card stock. I then cut a slightly smaller piece of Cosmo Cricket paper and ran it thru my Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots folder. I then sanded the little embossed dots and ran Tim Holtz distressing ink over the top of them. It blends in so well it looks like part of the paper! I then glued this layer to my card stock getting the glue close to the edges of my paper....when the glue dried I picked around the edges of it to give it a natural torn look because I really had to work at tearing it. I then used a Hambley overlay and spelled the word "Adore" with American Craft Thickers. I added a Colorbok Chipboard corner and sewed it in place. Then I took my distressing ink and ran it over all of the edges of my card. And of course I had to add some hemp string. I made this card to be a masculine Valentine...I thought the colors and the distressed look would be appropriate for my Hubby...no pink to be seen, so he should like it!
Now it's your turn...go to the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog and look at all of the DT's awesome ideas and then get to work. And don't forget all of the fun starting Friday - the Luv Bug Weekend will be in full force at CB Challenge. Tons of giveaways and I may have a little giveaway of my very own:)

12 comments:

Jenn K said...

Wonderfly done...love this!! Great job with the distressing!

Unknown said...

You make it sound sooooo easy!!!! The card turned out great and distressed it is. I'm anxious to see what everyone has done. Great job.

Karen said...

This card turned out specatular! I love the swiss dots on the paper and your sanding and distressing is awesome on this card!

Audrey Pettit said...

What an adorable card, Amber! I LOVE all the distressing. The torn edges and inking are some of my favorite techniques. So cool how that swiss dots embossing folder turns out distressed.
I got your winter card up in our gallery this afternoon. You'll have to go check yourself out! Thanks again for sending it to us!

Mrs J said...

I 'adore' this card Amber! Great card and wonderful distressing! And such gorgeous colours too! I also had fun making my card this week - great when you can literally 'let rip'!
Hugs Mrs Jx

Tammie said...

Soooo cool! I love the blues and the distressing is totally great! My cuttlebug didn't make it...returned from Sidney as
"non-deliverable address." Made me furious...since 2 embossing plates had been delivered to the same "undeliverable" address. I give up...no more Amazon for me.

SueStampin Daly said...

Great job!! Love the colors used.

Ali Watson said...

Super card Amber really effective.

Mary said...

Great card! I need to go write to Aunt T and tell her where to order a cuttlebug that will ship it to her!! Thanks for the sweet comment about Abby!

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Amber.
I love the colors and the distressing.

Karen x

Annie said...

Gorgeous card and I love your CPS one too.

Ann xxx

Rleen said...

This is beautiful, I love the distressing and the colors.

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio