Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cuttlebug Inspirations Challenge # 15

Time for another challenge at the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog! This week's challenge is awesome because it is inspired by Becky Fleck, the writer of Page Maps and designer for Basic Grey. We are using one of her layouts this week and here it is:

And here is my take on the project:

I used My Mind's Eye paper embossed with the Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls folder. I then used my Nestabilities to cut out my little scalloped circles, Papertrey Ink stamps, Cricut "Hello Kitty Sentiments" cartridge for my strawberries, and buttons with Martha Stewart twine. The strawberries are special because I ran them thru my Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots folder - I just inverted them so the dots were embossed down and I could fill each dot with red stickles for my strawberry seeds.

This challenge is very special BECAUSE Becky Fleck herself is going to pick the winner of the challenge, so put your thinking cap on and make the best card possible! And I here the winner might be getting her Page Maps book! Hmmmm, so you may get your card viewed and chosen by a famous scrapbooker and win a book! How much better can that get!
Enjoy.

28 comments:

Tammie said...

Great Card, Ber! Those little berries are so real, my mouth watered. Can't wait to get my CB!

Trudi said...

Love your card & the strawberries too! Welcome to the team!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Amber. I love the little strawberries and the way you turned them over...icing on the cake.

Eva said...

I LOVE IT!!!! So cheerful and happy, just gorgeous!

Karen said...

Awesome card! I love all those berries on your card!! Makes me happy!!

Allison said...

love the strawberries, great job with the sketch
AllisonX

Lea L. said...

I just love this sweet little card Amber...the strawberries are fabulous!! Don't you just love that Hello Kitty cartridge??

~Lea

Unknown said...

You're incredible. The colors, the texture, the strawberries, are all so lush!! Just gorgeous work!

kshand said...

What a fun take on the sketch!! I love the strawberries and your sentiment :)

Merry said...

Lovely card....how clever to use strawberries in lieu of cirlces.

Mrs J said...

Love your card Amber, it's so cute! The strawberries look fantastic, great use of your swiss dots folder!
Mrs Jx

Annette said...

Beautiful card Amber! I love the strawberries!! Makes me want to go strawberry picking but I guess I'll have to wait until June!

Robin said...

Great card. The strawberries are so cute. What a genious idea to use the Swiss Dots folder to add your seeds!
Robin

Becky G said...

Love this card! The berries and colors are awesome. Great job on the sketch!

Hugs to you,
Becky

Rosanne said...

What a terrific card!

LORi said...

Super Sweet and cute Card Amber!!

Unknown said...

Amber~

This card is gorgeous! I love the color combo & the strawberries!!!

You are such a sweetheart! I'm so glad I've "met" you!

Anonymous said...

Amber that is such a "sweet" card! Love it!

Hugs

~Spike

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Love those strawberries. :) Great card!
x Natasha x

AB. said...

Beautiful card!! The strawberries are very cute! I'm also admiring your scalloped pieces - I bought my first set of Nestabilities today (YEAY!) but when I got them home I realised that the smallest scallop was missing from the pack
:(
I was so disappointed as I was hoping to start this card challenge tonight using them.
Peace & love
Alison xx

Carol said...

A lovely summery card with the strawberries! Great job :)

Hugs
Carol x

LISA said...

OF ALL THE BEAUTIFUL CARDS YOU HAVE DONE, THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES. LOVE THE STRAWBERRIES!!

Audrey Pettit said...

That card is simply adorable, amber! The way you embossed and glittered those strawberries is fabulous! perfect sentiment, perfect everything!
Hope you get your kits today. And I sent you an invite to join our yahoo group. Let me know that you get both, would you?

Unknown said...

OMGoodness! This card is just too fabulous! Love, love, love the strawberries!

(-: Heidi

Meda said...

The strawberry thing is the most clever I have heard recently!

Mandy Schiller said...

Great idea to use the strawberries. It's a really pretty card!

Mandyxx

Martha said...

Thanks for leaving your comment on my card. Loved playing.
Your card is beautiful!

Brocéliane said...

Miam miam stawberries, lol. It is a great idea and your card is fab:)

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio