Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Be INSPIRED Wednesday!

You know what today is, Cuttlebug Challenge's Be Inspired Wednesday! This week our challenge is to make a shaped card. I really had fun with this challenge and my mind has went wild with ideas! So here's my card:

I used my Cricut and the Hello Kitty Sentiments cartridge to cut out my cupcake. I cut layers to put on the cupcake to make it different colors. I used my Cuttlebug and the D'vine Swirls folder to emboss the bottom and Swiss Dots to do the white icing. The dots are inverted and filled with Stickles glitter. I also Stickled my cherry to make it glittery. I then stamped the sentiment with a Papertrey Ink stamp and used a piece of Martha Stewart Twine to tie it around the cherry. Easy Cheesy!
I hope everyone tries this challege, it is sooooo fun! When you've completed your card don't forget to post at Cuttlebug Challenges :)
Enjoy!

20 comments:

Tammie said...

I love this card, Ber....you are a pro.

Allison said...

great cupcake card, lovely colours
allisonX

Unknown said...

It looks good enough to eat. Great challenge and great idea. I can't wait to see what the rest of the DT comes up with.

Anonymous said...

So cute! I may have to get that cart now that I've seen a few examples with it.

Mrs J said...

So cute Amber and as Bonnie said 'good enough to eat'! Loved this challenge too and think we might just have to do it again sometime!
Hugs Mrs Jx

Lea L. said...

This is so cute...isn't the Hello Kitty cartridge one of the best they have come out with in a long time? I just adore it!! Awesome job with this week's challenge!

~Lea

Karen said...

Sure does look delicious to me Amber! Love it!!

Eva said...

What a fabulous and yummy looking cupcake card!!! Love it!

Becky G said...

Great cupcake card! It looks yummy enough to eat.

Hugs~Becky

Jenn K said...

Cute cupcake!!

Unknown said...

I see you have a signature. How do I get one???

Christy said...

Great card!!!! So cute. I love the idea of flipping the swiss dots paper to fill the dots with glitter :)

Dan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

So, so adorable Amber! I Love the bit of sparkle you've added!

Annette said...

Awesome card Amber, I just love everything about it and the cherry looks so yummy!

kshand said...

This cupcake is a great idea!! Hmmm maybe I need to do some baking :)

Anonymous said...

What a great job on the cupcake, Amber! Love the stickled cherry!

Hugs

~Spike

Audrey Pettit said...

Very, very cute Amber! You do such adorable things with your cuttlebug. I don't even own a die-cutting system, of any kind. Can you believe that?

Cheryl said...

Wonderful cupcake!

Nancy said...

Love the cupcake....wonderful job. It is adorable

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio