Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Be Inspired Wednesday!

Wednesday already? You know what that means, Cuttlebug Challenge's "Be Inspired Wednesday" announcing the challenge of the week. This week's challenge was to use acetate (transparency) and emboss it using the Cuttlebug. This was a tough challenge for me because I wanted to use a plain transparency and not something with designs on it already so the embossing would stand out. So here's my finished card:

I decided to make a window card using acetate. I used Colorbok and Daisy D's paper. I cut a window out in my card, leaving only the edges. I then used the Cuttlebug and D'Vine Swirls to emboss the acetate. I repeated the steps for the back of the card, only I didn't emboss the back transparency. Then I used Stickles and traced all of my embossed swirls (did this on the inner side of the front transparency so it would show thru the window). I then cut my cardstock to place a sentiment in the middle of the window using pop up dots, the sentiment is Inkadinkadoo. I took a Heidi Swapp flower, American Crafts Ribbon, and a Melissa Frances frame to make my embellishment. Geez, you wouldn't think one little card could have so many steps! Don't forget to go to the Cuttlebug Challenge blog and check out all the Design Teams amazing work this week!
Enjoy!

15 comments:

Allison said...

great minds think alike! see we had the same kind of idea
Fab card
AllisoNX

Karen said...

Love the way you cut the square in the middle and had the acetate peeking through! Beautiful and sweet card!

Mrs J said...

Beautiful card Amber, love how you've highlighted the swirls with the Stickles - must have taken quite a steady hand for that!
Hugs Mrs Jx

Anonymous said...

Great idea to use stickles! I love the colours and that big beautiful flower!
Peggy

Lea L. said...

Love the peek-a-boo window! And that folded flower with the ribbon accent is so pretty!! Great job!!

~Lea

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Amber. I love ALL the steps, that's what makes each card unique. This is one of my favorite cards you have created as of right now. I'll probably change my mind with the next post.

Eva said...

Ohhh...I love the idea of embossing and using stickles on it!!! Such a beautiful card!

Kim Sonksen said...

I love it and what a brilliant idea to use the stickles. I will certainly give this a try myself. Thanks so much for the inspo

Annette said...

Beautiful, absolutely love it! The big flower is giving me spring fever!

kshand said...

I love the window you created with the acetate. The card is just beautiful, lovin' the colors you used!!

Tammie said...

Beautiful Card, Ber! I love the embossing and the window card....lovely. I am still waiting on my CB?????

Anonymous said...

Amber that's a great idea to use stickles!! Much easier that way!! Beautiful card!

Hugs

~Spike

Cassie said...

adore this! that big flower and ribbon just made me gasp!

Heidi said...

What a beautiful card!! I'm dying to try this technique. I am super excited because I got your package yesterday!! Thank you again for your generosity, I LOVE everything you sent!!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, how cool to emboss the transparency! What a cool technique and beautiful card, Amber!

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio