Monday, February 16, 2009

Mondays!

Back to work already! And snow is in our forcast again, I'm so ready for Spring. I've got my Easter decoration ready to put out, but it's so cold it just doesn't seem right!
I've got 2 cards to post tonite, unbelievable...right? The first is a birthday card I made for my Aunt T in January. I used Colorbok and My Mind's Eye paper, Inkadinkadoo stamp, and DCWV chipboard, plus my Fiskars punch. This card was easy cheesy, because I wanted to keep it simple.

My next card took some brain power, but I like the result.

It is a tree (in case I did such a bad job you can't tell!) and I freehanded the trunk, then used my circle punch to cut out a bunch of circles. I ran a few of the circles thru my Cuttlebug, using the Swiss Dots folder. I then used a piece of transparency paper (acetate) and used my Nestabilities to cut out a scalloped circle that I also embossed with the Swiss Dots and layed that on top of the tree. I added some red buttons to look like fruit on top of the transparency to give it a 3D look. I also used a piece of K & Co. paper as my background and the stamp is Papertrey Ink.
Enjoy!

4 comments:

Annette said...

I love both cards!! The tree is my favorite though, I love the swiss dots on the circles and the buttons for fruit! Won't it be nice when we can pick fruit from the trees this summer!

Tammie said...

I love the apple tree card (of course, I loved my birthday card before I saw the tree :) I adore the swiss dots and the layering, but those "button apples" steal the show. I am inspired.

Christy said...

These are great!!!! I LOVE the button apples!!

Meda said...

Very lovely tree. Looks like mine from this post

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio