Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cuttlebug Be Inspired

This week at Cuttlebug Challenge our challenge is to make a mini album using our birthday theme. Participants can make any kind of mini album they like out of any material, I'm excited to see what you make!

I made a Cupcake "Sweet 16" Mini Album:



I used a Creative Imaginations Cupcake Chipboard album. I used the chipboard cupcake as my template to cut out the bottom and top of my cupcake. I used all Core'dinations papers. The bottom of the cupcake is embossed with my Cuttlebug & the Diamond Plate. The top is embossed with my Cuttlebug & D'vine Swirls. I added some jewels for sprinkles. I used the Core'dinations White Wash paper on top so I could sand my swirls to make it look like icing. I then added some ribbon from Papertrey Ink. Check out Lisa Johnson's blog to see a FUN technique to ruffle ribbon. I used flowers & tulle from The Little Pink Studio and a stick pin.

Here's a close-up of my creation:



Be sure to check out the beautiful mini album creations from the DT! Loads of inspiration!

And I have some EXCITING news to share, check out Sketch Girl to see what I'm talking about : )

Enjoy


17 comments:

June Houck said...

Amber, this looks good enough to eat! Yum :)

Annette said...

You just get more creative with every project Amber! This is so adorable, I love everything about it, especially the roses!

Unknown said...

Beautiful album Amber. I think it's one of your best and most creatice projects yet. Like Annette said...you do get more creative with every post. Love you Baby Doll.

Tammie said...

I REALLY love this one! You do just seem to get better and better! Love You.

Milie said...

LOVE IT!! Too cute!

csroyal said...

Amber, this is crazy cute!!

Shantaie said...

Amber, each of your projects is more adorable than the last!
I love the diamond plate folder used on your cupcake I NEVER would have thought to use that folder on a cupcake ...and its fab!

Unknown said...

Wow, this is just gorgeous Amber! I love all the bling and that sweet little cluster of flowers!

(-: Heidi

Ingrid said...

Oh....I love cupcakes. You made a great mini, Amber.

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Amber,

Your cupcake mini album is so sweet! Mini albums are great and fun little projects to create. You did a wonderful job on this one.

Smiles!
Gwen

Jessica Diedrich said...

OMGOSH! This is ADORABLE Amber! WOW! I LOOOOVE Cupcakes and this is just delicious!!!

Meda said...

Wow, Amber, I love looking at your set! From top to bottom your blog is all pink :)

Mary said...

Hey Amber - did you know you can buy that saddle stitched ribbon by the yard at Wal-Mart now?

Great work on the mini album!

zcdl said...

Lovely Card :)

Anonymous said...

Amber this is `delicious` TFSHope your having a great weekend:)x

SJDWolf said...

Really Pretty! TFS.

Anonymous said...

Just catching up!! Congrats on your Guest Designer Spot at Sketch Girl!!

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio