Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A True Challenge!

Today's Tuesday and that means a new challenge at DCRU! Oh my goodness, this week's challenge was to make a pop-up card. I had never made one and REALLY struggled. Still not too happy with the outcome, compared to the beauties my DT pals made....but it'll do:) Carole did a great job with this week's challenge and post! She's a creative genious, you really need to check out her blog.
Here's my card, inside and out:





I used Core'dinations papers, Cuttlebug & Swiss Dots Folder, Papertrey Ink stamps, Sassafrass and Felties, Cricut & Doodlecharms Cartridge, & Spellbinder Nestabilities.

Stop by DCRU's DT Blog and see all the beautiful creations the DT made. And be sure to participate!
Enjoy!

8 comments:

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Amber,

So glad you got some rest after the crazy day you had. Your little cupcake card is so cute. I really like that felt cupcake. I've got to get some felt embellishments...they add something fun to your projects.

Smiles!
Gwen

1CardCreator said...

Your pop up really pops Amber! I agree with Gwen, I like the felt.
~Diane DCRU DT

csroyal said...

Super cute! Great job! Hmmm... I may have to try one soon!

Jessica Diedrich said...

I think you did a fantastic job-and hey, a challenge should be a "challenge" every once in a while, right? LOL I just said the other day on my blog that I was "Challenge Challenged" :D

Have an awesome day, Amber!

Unknown said...

I think your pop out card is really cute! I like the colors you used and that felt cupcake is really cute!

Annette said...

It turned out great Amber, what a fun surprise when you open the card! I love the felt cupcake on the front too! Hope your having a great week and enjoying this cooler weather.

Carole Beath said...

Amber, this card is just perfect. I love the colors, and that sweet cupcake is just gorgeous. What a great pop up card, girl.
Carole DCRU DT

Tricia said...

cool pop up! I really should try that technique sometime!

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio