Friday, September 25, 2009

Yippee for Fridays!

I'm off this weekend, so I'm happy Friday is here. I wanted to share a few cards with you today. I have a Swiss Dots Tutorial posted at the DCRU DT Blog, so check it out. Here's a card I did for my tutorial using the Swiss Dots folder and a rolling pin as my embosser:



I used Papertrey Ink stamps, ribbon, and paper; Swiss Dots Folder, Spellbinder Nestabilities, and Copics. And I've got some advice, don't be afraid to use your pens and experiment with colors. I've been playing with my Copics & Martha Stewart markers and it's just amazing how you can blend colors.

Here's another card I made using the same supply list. I used my Cuttlebug this time and the Swiss Dots folder. I embossed directly on my stamped image and inverted my dots to give it more texture:



And last but not least....I wanted to share what I'm reading with you:



OK, so this will make the 3rd time, but I'm just so addicted to the Twilight series. I want to reread Twilight & New Moon before the new movie comes out in November. Just in case I missed something the first couple of times : )

8 comments:

Annette said...

Love the cards Amber, they are so cute! Twilight is one of my favorite movies thanks to you! Can't wait to see New Moon! Have you been watching The Vampire Diaries?

Jessica Diedrich said...

Hahaha you can never get enough Twilight, right?! Beautiful cards!

Tammie said...

Love the cards! and loved the book.

Eve said...

Cute cards Amber. LOVE the book of course! You should try our Twilight challenge with us!

Yvette said...

Both of these cards turned out beautiful!!! Great job!

Anonymous said...

The cards are gorgeous Amber! I've been wanting that vintage picnic set since it came out! Now I definitely need to get it!

Can you believe - yes me the Language Arts teacher has yet to read Twilight?? Crazy huh!!

Blessings and Hugs!!

Unknown said...

You are so funny!!! I can see me in some of the things you say...makes Mom proud. These cards are beautiful, and your coloring is WOW!!! When I think you can't do any better you show up with something more. Just looking at the cover of the book makes me want to read them again. I'm stuck with Vampire Academy for now!!! Couldn't put it down last night. lol

Anonymous said...

great cards!!!!! i just loved the saga too and have read them all 3 times- you bet i'm going to give it another go before the movie comes out lol.

:)

sarabeth

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio