Tuesday, September 1, 2009

So Negative!

It's Tuesday and that means a new challenge from the DCRU DT! This week Diane is our challenge hostess...make a card, LO, or altered project and use a negative. A negative is the paper you have left after cutting something out, like the stencil of what's left. I'm sure everyone has throw away scraps of paper in their stash where they have cut images out...now you can put them to good use.
Here's my card:



I used American Crafts Stamps, Cuttlebug & Swiss Dots folder, Colorbok and Core'dinations papers, MS ink, Copics, and the negative from Spellbinder Nestabilities - scalloped circle.
I simply found a piece of paper big enough to "almost" cover the front of my card and then ran it thru my Cuttlebug using my Nestie. I then used the negative as a window and made a little tree behind it and added yellow paper. I cut out my stamped imagies and used pop up tape to make it look like the brances were coming out of the window.
Now it's your turn! Visit Die Cuts R Us DT Blog to see all the amazing DT creations and be sure to play along!
Enjoy!

6 comments:

ellie said...

Wonderful use of the negative! I love it!

Annette said...

This is so adorable, I love the bird and branch peaking out of the scallop circle, too cute!

Tammie said...

How pretty....I miss you.

Unknown said...

Oh my...Amber, this is adorable. You did good on this one.

Julie Camacho said...

Very creative! I never thought to use the negative in this manner. Great idea!

1CardCreator said...

Love your card Amber, great use of the negative! Thanks for the shout out. ~Diane

Blogger Template by Delicious Design Studio